Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another Cousin Visit




Haylee was on fall break last week (actually the second of her three weeks off), and she and Dad couldn't bear another week together, so Mom and I brought her back to Clarksville with us after my weekend visit in Maryville. She was a big help and loved fetching things for Mason. She told me on Monday that she thought Mason loved her the most of all the cousins and that she didn't think he had smiled so much for Tyra (I didn't burst her bubble by reminding her that he had been a lot younger when Tyra spent a week with us!). When I came home from work on Tuesday, she had covered our fridge, coffee table, and mantle with cards and signs for Mason. My favorite was a chart she made of all his cousins with names and ages so that he could keep them all straight. Haha! I'm keeping all this for his baby book.

Although Clarksville is not very exciting for an 8-year-old (or really anyone, for that matter), I took her to the Halloween store and the mall, and since the weather had turned beautifully cool, she went on walks with us around the neighborhood. She and Mason both had rosy cheeks by the time we returned!

Haylee may have nearly talked Mom to death that week, but there's no denying that Mason thought she was hysterical. I'm sure he wonders where that goofy little face and gravelly voice went.

No comments:

Post a Comment