Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two Months Old


Mason hit the 2-month mark a few days ago, and he's changing so quickly! Last Saturday I had to pack away the first batch of clothes he's outgrown. Chris walked in and asked what I was doing, and I burst into tears: "He's not my tiny baby anymore!" Chris just laughed; he thinks I'm crazy.

Every day we get more smiles, and Mason's getting ever closer to laughing...I can't wait to hear it! He holds his head up longer and loves to be held up so he can practice walking (which Chris swears he'll be doing in a month or so). He's learning to make sounds, and Mom says sometimes he scares himself with his own voice. Last week he rolled from his stomach to his back, and I was sooo excited...it just made him mad. Apparently all that work didn't get him where he thought it would! Mason's also definitely getting more of a personality, and I think we can all agree that although he may look more like his daddy, he has inherited some of Mommy's character traits (like impatience and letting you know VERY quickly when he's angry--not necessarily what I would have chosen to pass on!).

The biggest change is that I went back to work this week, and it's definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. I cried all Sunday night before I went back...AND Monday on my way to work...AND then later that night when Mason cried and I felt like he was mad at me for leaving him. And I'm sure there's more to come. I know he's in great hands (Gramma's), but I would do ANYTHING to be able to stay home with him. I never thought I could be happy being a stay-at-home mom. Crazy. My kids at school are great this year, so that makes it a little easier...but not much.

Mason's had a lot of visitors in his first two months. Slack came up last weekend, and he was a natural with Mason. Mason graced him with a giant smile as soon as Slack picked him up. It was super cute. Donna and Ellen were here the weekend before. We didn't let Ellen stay very long for fear that she would rub off on him. He kind of looks like a Wortham right now, though, looong and skinny.

Aunt Kristin and Gracie will be here this weekend...not sure if Mason's ready for more of his crazy cousin. Sometimes Gracie's love hurts! We'll have to keep an eye on her. Kristin started selling Lia Sophia jewelry, so I'm going to have a showing for her on Saturday night. Jen, Mirm, Teresa, and Kendra are coming as well as some other friends from work. It should be fun to have a girls' night!

Miriam and I had photography day with Mason a couple of weeks ago, so I've uploaded one of my favorite pictures we took. We are soooo talented! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment