Friday, July 17, 2009

Mason's First Holiday








We took Mason home to Maryville for 4th of July weekend, and he was a big hit. We stayed with Gramma and Grampa (which we LOVED because Gramma is a morning person and likes to come get Mason early in the morning after he's eaten and keep him so Chris and I can get blissful, uninterrupted sleep until he's ready to eat again...God bless my mother!). On Friday we drove up to Morristown to introduce Mason to his great-grandmother, Mamaw Baker. She was so excited, and we got some great pictures. He also got to meet my best friend Donna, who literally pushed me out of the way to get to him and said, "You don't matter anymore." Oh, Donna. She always says the nicest things.

On the 4th we went over to my brother's house for a family cookout. Chris was roped into playing with the bigger kids in the pool (shockingly, none of the other adults jumped in to help with crowd control), as usual, and Mason spent the day in the arms of my mom or one of my sisters, predominantly Mary, who is something of a baby hog and a bully. My big accomplishment of the day was getting the first picture of all 11 cousins, from Jordan down to Mason. Only Gracie was noticeably upset in the photo, so I count it a success.

On Sunday we took Mason to church, and, again, he was a show-stopper. Aunt Mary commandeered him again, but she kept him quiet during the sermon, so I wasn't complaining. After lunch at Aunt Kristin's, we set out for home. And so our first long car trip went pretty smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment