Monday, October 18, 2010

Last Night in Clarksville


The long-awaited last day in Clarksville finally arrived: May 26. I had spent the previous week packing up all my school stuff at work and all the necessary stuff at home. Miriam and Jen helped out with Mase so I could pack boxes without my little helper unpacking them again. Nick came over the night before we left and packed up the crib and all our boxes in the Suburban (thank you to my brother for the loan of his SUV!).

With only our overnight bags left in the house, Mason and I were definitely roughing it that last night in the house. I'm sure you're wondering how my hairy-scary sleeper did without his crib, and, no, it was not pleasant. I slept in the floor of his room with him on a pallet of quilts, and while he slept very little, I slept not at all. I don't even like to think about how awful it was, so we'll just move on.

I took him to work with me the next morning for the final inservice day, and as soon as the principal signed off, we were out the door and out of Clarksville...ready to be a family who all lived under the same roof (even if it wasn't ours...sigh) again.

Mason was the perfect traveler (slept nearly the whole time, thanks to his rough night and to running up and down the MCMS hallways with Gary all morning), and we rolled into the driveway of our temporary Maryville home by dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment