Friday, January 14, 2011

The Big 3-0


So I turned 30 last Sunday, and I think it made my mom feel older than it did me. I was fine with 30. Who cares. I don't feel older, although I did take inventory: 3 faint but permanent lines across my forehead, 5 pairs of size 0 J.Crew pants that fit a year ago but do not any longer, and no visible gray hairs...so not great, but nothing to whine about either.

Because we're still little budgeting fiends, there was no birthday cake or presents, but I did let Chris know that I expected a dining room suit for my birthday as soon as all this house drama is straightened out (yes, please continue praying that The House That No One Wants rents or sells...or burns). I didn't even get one of Chris' super-romantic birthday cards (and let's be honest, I think we could have afforded a card, Cuh-ris). Anyhow, for reasons totally unrelated to turning 30, it was a horrible day except for the couple of hours that we went to the mall and out to Jimador's for dinner. Oh, well. Just another day. 30 will be an awesome year, though...I am SURE. Seriously.

Oh, and I did get a birthday cake (from Rita's--yum!) at work today, so that made it allllll better!

No comments:

Post a Comment