Friday, March 12, 2010

Road Trip With the Girls





Thanks to Nick, Miriam had four free tickets to the Martina McBride/Trace Adkins concert in Evansville last Saturday night, so she and I headed up to Indiana with Tanicia and Kendra for a girls' night. Granted, none of us are particularly enamored of either of the headliners' music, but we are fond of road trips, and this one was no disappointment.

Although it was really difficult for me to leave Mason for so long (I think this was the first time I've ever not been around when he went to bed for the night), we had a blast! The concert was surprisingly good, and Tanicia provided much entertainment with her booty-shakin' during "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" (okay, how DO you spell that?!). We had no trouble staying awake on the drive back, but we did about pee our pants laughing a few times. We rolled into my house after 1 a.m.; it was the first time I'd been up that late for anything but a crying baby in as long as I could remember. I'm going to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment