Friday, May 14, 2010

A Big Day for Me...And for Mason


The annual Baby Dedication ceremony at church coincided with Mother's Day, so we had gone home for all that. I had agonized over Mason's outfit, but I finally settled on a brown and white pinstriped suit with white shirt and salmon-colored tie. He looked TOO precious! Chris and Mason (hehe!) surprised me with a pair of very sweet cards. I cried when I read Mason's card even though I'm pretty sure Chris wrote it for him (wink), and I REALLY cried when I opened the jewelry box and saw the Love's Embrace pendant they had gotten me. I haven't taken it off since!

With my new jewelry and Mason's adorable outfit, I think we represented ourselves fairly well at the ceremony. We were the first to be presented by Pastor Tony, and he reminded everybody about Miracle Mason's long journey, which was really sweet. Aunt Mary was in charge of filming everything, but the ceremony took a looooong time, so the video is kind of boring (I hate to admit). A couple of older kids were dedicated by their parents because they were new to the church, and my old friend Aimee Morales and her husband Job were in from Ohio, so they dedicated Micah and Iris. That was really cool. Who would have ever guessed back when Aimee and I really became friends in Australia that we'd someday be dedicating our children together?! Other than the older kids, Mason was dedicated with a few that he'll grow up in church with: Elizabeth Wheatley, who just turned a year old, and Cooper Greenway, who is 15 months old. They'll be spending lots of Sundays together, so I hope they get along!

No comments:

Post a Comment