Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter in Clarksville






The Shasserres came over for Easter dinner Sunday afternoon, so we took some pictures of M outside with his Easter goodies. I had dressed him in his Easter outfit, a pale blue Eton suit with little green embroidered alligators all over it. A blue, green, and white plaid shirt went under it, but it was way too hot for him to wear that much clothing, so I let him go shirtless and barefoot. His poor little scrawny arms!

M's first Easter basket consisted of two Easter-themed board books, a whirly toy that lights up, a fluffy sheep, bunny ears (which Chris had serious objections to when I put them on M's head), a stuffed flower with a twisty stem, and a container of strawberry-apple puffs. Not surprisingly, filling an Easter basket is difficult when candy is out of the question, but I managed to put together a relatively cute ensemble.

Mirm and I had put together a fairly traditional Easter dinner with ham, deviled eggs, and green bean casserole. I even lit some candles that were left over from our wedding. Very fancy! Nick said our blessing and thanked God for friendships, and Miriam and I got teary (of course). It was an Easter I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment