Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break: Part 2




The rest of spring break consisted of a lot of running around. M and I visited my old buddies at MHS, and C and I went to look at houses in Knoxville with our realtor, Elizabeth. We really like her, but C and I can't agree on the level of renovation that we're okay with, so I'm afraid we may have to buy two different houses.

M had his nine-months pictures made at Master Portraits on Saturday afternoon, and we got a couple with live bunnies. They're cute, but they're not his best pictures ever (C grumbled that the pictures Mirm and I take are better...and free). That night we all gathered at Kristin's for the annual Easter egg hunt, and I was so excited about M's first hunt! I had bought the cutest pinata at Walmart earlier in the week, and Mom, Haylee, M, and I had filled it with Easter candy (well, M actually just chewed on a mini Hershey's bar and made a chocolatey mess on his hands and face). It was a big hit (no pun intended)!

I had recruited Tyra to be M's assistant during the hunt, and C filmed while I hobbled around (I had somehow managed to throw out my back so that by the time we got home, I could barely move). We hadn't planned on doing the hunt that night, but we changed it so that M and I wouldn't have to come back the following weekend, so I hadn't brought M's Easter basket. As I was crippled, someone had just given M a Walmart bag in lieu of a bag, and I flipped out when I came out and saw it. A plastic bag for his first Easter egg hunt?! I think not. Someone ran and brought him a real basket...although it was not as cute as the one I had at home, which was a Longaberger hand-me-down from (you guessed it) Longaberger Queen, Debbie. M enjoyed picking up the eggs and managed to do fairly well, primarily because his assistant had hidden the eggs and hid a few in illegal places just so she could snag them for the littlest egg-hunter.

Because my back prevented us from going to church on Sunday, we hung around until early afternoon, when Mom and I had to pack up M and return to Clarksville once more. Kristin and Mary's new friend Jamie came over to give me a steroid shot so I could stand the ride home, and somehow we managed to make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment