Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break: Part 1






Spring Break finally rolled around; it seemed to take forever to arrive, as our extra 30-minutes schedule kicked in at the beginning of March. Mom had driven up on Tuesday of the week before SB because I needed to attend the UT Education Job Fair on Wednesday, the 17th. So up she came that morning, and back to Maryville she returned that afternoon with M and me. We spent the night at Mom's, and she kept M while I went to UT. Long drive for just an hour at UT, but I really wanted to introduce myself to the Oak Ridge Schools people--I'm aiming for a job at Oak Ridge High School. I'm not sure it did me any good because there must have been a thousand people there, and I doubt I made such an impression that the ORS lady will remember me, but it was worth a try. So less than 24 hours after we left Clarksville, we headed back up there so I could finish the work week. Haylee and Emily came with us to entertain M on the drive (since he's mobile and determined to walk, he is decidedly less pleasant while traveling), and they were invaluable!

H and E had a girls' day with Mom in Nashville on Thursday, and then they met back up with me and M at Debbie's house after school on Friday, and it was back to the familiar route home again for the five of us.

M was thrilled to be reunited with Skipper (I'm not sure the feeling was mutual!), and we had a hard time getting our little guy into bed that first night, but he woke up ready to tackle the day on Saturday. C and I took him and Mom to Knoxville to watch Thomas play soccer (he is sooo good!), and, as usual, M didn't care what we were doing as long as we were outside!

Later that day we went to Perpetual Motion for Jake's birthday party--what a great place! I love that the kids were active. M was too little, of course, to participate in the tumbling, but he enjoyed some one-on-one tumbling time with his mama. He was especially entertained by the mini-trampoline. Aunt Mary also introduced him to chocolate cake, which may make favorite aunt status difficult to steal away from her--she'll always be the one who never says no to candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment