Wednesday, April 21, 2010

House Hunt from Hell



1.) The Clarksville house is for some reason anathema to the buyers of the moment. Sigh.

2.) I could be getting a job anywhere from Oak Ridge to Strawberry Plains (interviews at Central High and Carter High this Friday, so at least I'm moving toward a job resolution of some sort), so where we should live is a huge question mark.

3.) Chris and I have WILDLY divergent ideas of what our ideal home should be.

Chris would like a neat, updated house in a subdivision with a big backyard (see above). Amelia would like a bigger house with lots of character, one that we could tailor to our own design style (again, see above). I dream of coffered ceilings; Chris dreams of walk-out basements. I imagine sophisticated parties by the pool; Chris imagines heated and cooled storage for his hunting and fishing paraphernalia. I want a creek in the backyard; Chris wants a house that doesn't creak. Clearly, we do not envision the same piece of real estate. Where will we find a duplex that is half 19-century Georgian and half 21st-century contemporary? Let me know if you've seen that house because our realtor is sure stumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment